Kerbal Space Program is a multi-genre game where the players create their own space program.
In KSP, you must build a space-worthy craft, capable of flying its crew out into space, without killing them. At your disposal is a collection of parts, which must be assembled to create a functional ship. Each part has its own function and will affect the way a ship flies (or doesn't). So strap yourself in, and get ready to try some Rocket Science!
- The Vehicle Assembly Building and the Space Plane Hangar allows players to build spacecraft out of any imaginable combination of parts.
- Fully-fledged, Physics-based Flight Simulation ensures everything will fly (and crash) as it should.
- Take your Kerbal crew out of the ship and do Extra Vehicular Activities
- Fly out to Moons and other Planets
- Procedural Terrain delivers detailed terrain at a vast scale. The Kerbal Planet is 600km in radius!
- Mod-enabled, allows players to create new content and modify the game.
- Ship systems. Keep an eye out for engine temperatures and fuel levels, and try not to explode.
- Build ships with multiple stages, and jettison parts away as they burn out.
- Build Space Stations, and surface bases on other worlds.
- Full control over the staging sequence allows for complex ships and advanced functionality.
- Research & Development: Advance the scientific knowledge of Kerbalkind as you progress towards conquering space.
- Manage your crews.
- A Tycoon-Style Career Mode.
- Take on Contracts to attract interest in your Space Program.
- Hire astronauts, train them, and make them into heroes.
- And a whole lot more!
KSP is still under development, so many things are not yet as they should be. We are working hard to be constantly improving the game however, and it will be regularly updated with bug fixes and new content, so make sure to check back for new versions. We are also always listening to feedback from the players, and we welcome ideas and suggestions.
Currently the game is an open sandbox. There are no objectives yet. You're free to build anything you can think of, and explore the Kerbal Solar System. A tycoon-style Career mode is in the works however.
The demo version is free to download and play, and will remain so forever. During development, the game is available for purchase at a discounted price, which we will gradually increase up to its final retail price as the game nears completion. So by ordering early, you get the game for a lot less, and you'll get all future updates for free. Please read this for more information.
-- The KSP Team